Wednesday, January 3, 2018

The Parable of the Wandering Minstrel.

The Book of Baxter 19/77:9

Baxter was having a quiet evening at home and a few glasses of wine.

Baxter
He was a bit bored and lamented the fact that it would be a long time before TV was invented.
There was an unexpect knock at his door.
Baxter called out to one of his slaves, "Who is it?"
"A guy with a guitar thing master." the slave replied.
"He must be a minstrel." Baxter said. "Let him in."

The man was indeed a minstrel.

A minstrel
The man introduced himself. "I am Celda and I am a professional minstrel."
"Well then, entertain me. Play something." said Baxter.
"No, I'm a professional minstrel. I charge 17 gilmors an hour." Celda told him.
"Well, give me a sample, I don't know if I like your stuff. Look on this as an audition." challenged Baxter.
"Do you ask a plumber to audition?" asked Celda.
"Well, plumbers seldom turn up uninvited at my door." Baxter retorted.
"I practise for many hours, my instrument is not cheap and jobs for a wandering minstrel are not plentiful. I bring both art and entertainment and help to make the world a better place.
Baxter reached for his very sharp sword and eyed up Celda's throat. Then he really couldn't be bothered cleaning up blood.
He grabbed Celda's guitar thing and smashed it. Then he told him to bugger off.
Celda threatened legal action but Baxter was already walking away and thinking of something he could do to quell his boredom.
Celda made an official complaint to the minstrels' union and, for quite a while, Baxter was sent threatening scrolls. He never read them so he didn't become upset and form an army to kill all minstrels.
Celda eventually got another guitar thing and moved on with his life but he vowed one day to settle his score with Baxter.

2 comments:

  1. Good. I like this.
    Hopefully that bastard, Baxter will get his comeuppance soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah. Baxter needs to cut back on those wines too.

    ReplyDelete